Saturday, February 17, 2007

Tucson's Botanical Gardens

I just wanted to add a couple of images. They have nothing to do with the butterflies but I DID find them at the Botanical Gardens while we were there and wandering around.


The Doorway


Branches

Candy picked up a brochure at the Gardens. They have an art sales gallery and they generally book it about a year in advance.

May 4, 2007: Slide/photo entries must be received by 5:00 pm.

June 18, 2007: Notification to artists.

For the exhibit season: September 2007 to July 2008. They take a 30% commission on sales and discourage NFS (Not For Sale) items. How can you blame them for that?

I figure it would cost between $1,000 and $1,500 to frame enough material to fill the gallery properly ... if I do the framing on the pool table. At least I wouldn't have to start framing seriously before I knew if there was going to be a show.

No comments: