Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Road Trip

We (Candy, Jackie, Ray and me - because it rhymes better than "and I") are planning a road trip at the end of April. The object is to spend a little time at the Gathering of Nations in Albuquerque.

I have the burden of being the trip planner. I'm not entirely sure that I like the prospect. I've done it for us in the past ... the trip to Jerome, the trip to Silver City. The down side is that I get the "blame" for anything that isn't perfect.


Silver City

It generally works out well though I have the distinct impression some of us don't like "bed and breakfast" accommodations.

In Jerome, we stayed at the Ghost City Inn. Ray complained that they don't have cable TV in the rooms.

In Silver City, we stayed at the Palace Hotel. The overall 19th century charm of the place as somewhat lost on the collective us.

So, once more into the breech. It's looking like five days:

Day 1: Tucson to Pinetop, AZ
Day 2: Pinetop to Albuquerque by way of the Very Large Array (VLA) - as seen in the movie "Contact")
Day 3: Albuquerque and the Gathering of Nations at the University of New Mexico
Day 4: Albuquerque to Las Cruces, NM by way of White Sands National Monument
Day 5: Las Cruces to Tucson.

No comments: