Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Old Things Revisited

Finding the Strom photograph got me looking through the archives of the Pueblo World tour again. I'd pretty much moved on after I did a slide show that the museum used to drum up support for the 2007 version of the jaunt - much different this year than last; less emphasis on ancient history, more on the contemporary life.

Most of the images from the tour don't fit into the on-line portfolios I use ... and the portfolios into which they do fit have limited slots for them, forcing me to rotate some images in and others out.


Tree in the Canyon; Canyon de Chelly, AZ

One of the things that struck me as I traveled through the four corners area was the intensity of the colors. In the case of "Tree in the Canyon", the lush green of the foliage against intense red of the sandstone cliff was striking.

The color was everywhere, even at the hotel.


Thunderbird Lodge; Canyon de Chelly, AZ

The red wall outside my room right after sunrise was on fire. The lone chair overlooked the parking lot and made a perfect balance point for the mass of the wall and the delicate branch above. Personally, I think this is one of the more striking images to come from the trip.

I tend to forget the images of the past as I look for the images of the ever changing present. So many of these images exist only in the form of electronic files. I need to have prints made ... the files are so perishable somehow.

Patterns were another element that struck me along the way. The harsh high desert sun created shadow patterns that wee impossible to ignore.


Hubble Trading Post


Pueblo Bonita; Chaco Canyon, NM

No comments: