Wednesday, January 26, 2005


Things Coming in Twos Posted by Hello

It's getting time to update my portfolio with some slightly more premeditated stuff than I've been shooting lately.

I'm jealous of the photographer/model relationship that Sharon Spear and Frank Mengles (in St. Louis) have. They work together often. They share an artistic taste (though not always to my taste). They have a collaboration. Unlike fashion and commercial photographers, I really don't need new faces every time I turn around. I would rather work with someone for an extended period of time - develop a rapport and a collaborative communication. I think that's asking too much. Most models are bubble-gum chewing post teen prima donas with dreams of being discovered in a drugstore in East Armpit, Idaho - not realizing that the odds of them making it big are about the same as the kid down the street getting tapped for a multimillion dollar pro-basketball contract or moving from garage band to rock star in the space of a week and a half. Oh, gawd, give me someone in their 30's ... someone who's had that kind of BS put into perspective!

No comments: