Friday, January 28, 2005


Culture Clash Posted by Hello

The Fiesta de los Vaqueros is coming around again toward the end of February. I'm afraid that Candy's back problems may preclude our going this year. We had been planning on taking a box so I could get some decent photographs of the action. We sat in the bleachers last year and I was disappointed by the chain link fence that blocked my view of the rodeo. I could "see" what was going on but photographing it was more than simply problematic.

There are other things coming up just as fast. I am not looking forward to going to those things alone. However, I think I have to start liking the idea. I think venturing out is becoming less and less of a thing we do together and more and more of a thing I must do on my own if I'm not to be held prisoner as she is to her medical condition.

There were so many things we'd planned to do together. Visits to Mexico, touring the Anasazi ruins ... now this. We will see what the doctor says next week. There is the possibility of surgery but even in the best of circumstances, there is no such thing as routine surgery.

No comments: