Sunday, September 02, 2007

Why Me, Lord?


Bush: Restoring Dignity to American Politics

A demoralized President Bush was in a sorrowful and somber mood when he went to bed one evening this past week. Earlier in that day he was given the word on the resignation of Idaho Republican Senator Larry Craig. Earlier still, the president was rocked with the twin resignations of Karl Rove and Alberto Gonzales. All three individuals were under heavy fire for various forms of chicanery and corruption.

"Why me, Lord?" Bush was heard to wail plaintively, almost crying in fact, as he wandered down the hallway to his bedroom. "Why does everything have to happen to me? Why, why? Why? What did I do to deserve all this? I just wanted to prove to the world I could be a good president in spite of all those nay sayers out there swearing I couldn't. It's not working out the way I'd planned at all."

On TheSpoof.com

Sometimes the truth is a parody.

No comments: