Thursday, July 05, 2007

Here's how its done ...

Iced!: Democrat William Jefferson, the Louisiana congressman famous for allegedly storing $90,000 in his freezer, was indicted yesterday on 16 charges including bribery, obstruction of justice, and racketeering. Jefferson, who was re-elected in 2006 while still under investigation by the FBI, has not resigned, although Republican lawmakers are moving for his ouster. Bloggers agree it's about time.

Liberal Steve Benen at The Carpetbagger Report urges Democrats to dissociate themselves from Jefferson ASAP: "If the bribery charges have merit, and it appears they do, I don't want him in our caucus; I don't want him in our party; and I don't expect him to get any support from Democrats anywhere."

More ...

Some could take a lesson. Some certainly SHOULD! I think its called "having some modicum of ethics". But what do I know? I'm a liberal.

No comments: