Friday, February 11, 2005

Sponsorship

MuseCube is changing it's rate structure; moving from unlimited duration, free accounts to three month free trial accounts with the choices after three months being either join at $36/year or get deleted. The change seems to have caught some people by surprise. They are taking the attitude that if they have to pay anything, it isn't worth anything to them.

I see it quite differently.

If I do a googol search on my name, of all the Joe Kozlowskis out there, my MuseCube account is right at the top of the list. That's worth $3/month to me. Beyond that, the Cube offers some pretty decent templates. That means I have a professional looking place to hang my shingle without going through all the hassle of setting up and managing a site.

One thing I have to decide deals with my plans for OMP. Though it may be bigger, I'm not so sure it's better. I have actually found people to work with there. I have not with MuseCube -- though, to be perfectly honest, I've not really been trying to find anyone to work with.

I've "maintained" (though "to maintain" is not quite the right meaning) an account there for a number of years; since account were free there. I've been grandfathered into their current system, though they seem to have dumped some of the images I've had up there. I may actually have to start paying for an account there.

In any case, I digress. Given that the changes at MuseCube seem to be catching some people off guard, I've offered to sponsor any model who works with me on a TFP basis to the tune of a full years membership on MuseCube; that is, I'll pay for their membership for a year. I doubt there will be any takers (just as I doubt there are any models who would ever make the same kind of offer for an aspiring photographer). At worst, I get good press on the Cube.

No comments: