Thursday, February 10, 2005


Great Village - Down the Road and Around the Corner

It was good to get out to dinner, even though there was enough MSG to choke a Great Village. It's the first time in a while.

I was contacted by a aspiring Goth photographer/model. I guess Goth part has been accomplished. It's the other two that I believe fall under the "aspiring" heading. She started by outlining that she wanted to shoot but, never having done "anything like this before" we left it at "give me a yell when you're ready".

She seemed a little non-plused that I would shoot for the pictures.

The MakeUp Artist that I blew off a few months ago - because I don't like getting e-mail cancellations an hour or two before we're supposed to shoot - dropped me a note to tell me that she was really impressed by the new stuff. I guess she means the street photography that's been holding my attention lately. That was a very nice thing for her to say and for me to hear. I sent her a "thank you" note and signed it "The Grumpy Old Man". I hope she gets a chuckle out of that. I may want to work with her again and I'd hate to think I burned my bridges. (Actually, I thought I had until I saw her note.)

I've been haunting RetroKitty - a model site dedicateed to models and photographers involved in retro (20s 30s 40s, 50s and 60s era) pinups, Goth and a little fetish. I feel a lot more comfortable putting my stuff up there. At least I'm not going to get "wedding photographered". The people there are more likely to "get" what I'm doing - or at least I think its probable.

No comments: