Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Every Picture Has a Story ... Don't It?

I spent some time shooting today. Busy day ... three models, one makeup artist.


Mirror, mirror on the wall.

Just a sketch. I need to revisit the material and re-do the image to clean up a few minor details that most people would probably never notice. I think it renders the idea of multiple personality disorder quite nicely, though.


Portrait (after John Singer Sargent)

In some ways an homage to my father who painted portraits and his favorite painter, John Singer Sargent. It's remanicent of the late 19th century portraits the wealthy commissioned of their family members ... before photography made painting a lost art. I can't figure out if Pictorialism or f16 is the greater influence. I'm not sure it matters ... but I can see elements of both.


Dueling Geishas

For Rachel's book of Geisha fantasies; a tour de force of makeup styling.

Three totally different mind sets.

Busy day.

No comments: