Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sy Hersh on White House plans to attack Iran

Sy Hersh: "You heard the White House spokeswoman say today we're interested in a diplomatic track. Well, all [Bush] has to do is start talking to them, and then you get diplomacy. And he's not talking to them. He has no interest in talking to people he doesn't like. He doesn't want to talk to the Syrians, the Iranians, Hamas. . . . If he would talk to them, I could say to you that there was some reason we might not go to war. But the only thing you hear, from inside, is that these guys really want to do it."

As for the White House attack on his credibility? "This was light," Hersh said. "Usually they go after me personally. When I did Abu Ghraib-- stuff on Abu Ghraib -- they had a deputy assistant secretary of defense accuse me, literally, he said, of throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks -- and this is when I had photographs in print. So this is a pretty light response to say: 'How dare you commit journalism?'"

Get the full article in the WaPo.

(Emphasis added)

My comment: Sy Hersh has more credibility and better credentials for what he does than anyone I'm familiar with in the White House have for what they do ... from the top down.

Hersh has never lied to me. I can't say that for the White House.

No comments: