Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A little burned out



Most of what we're going to pack has been packed. The rest will have to wait for the pros.

Most of the office is still in tact. I'll keep working right up to the bloody end ... then I'll be out of business for a couple days while the movers drive our stuff around town for a while, eventually delivering it to the new digs.

The day before yesterday we bought a new counter high dining room table and a herd of chairs. Yesterday, we dumped another load of buckaroos on a new refrigerator ... one of those 50/50 door configurations with the water spigot inside (I hate the look of those jobbers with the plumbing on the outside of the door ... MUCH prefer clean lines). Black ... matches the other appliances.

Got a call at 1:20am here time from one of my industry newsletter readers in the UK. He was trying to track down a bit of market research done by an Irish company ... he didn't realize that my office number is also my residence number. We had a delightful little conversation from what I recall ... ending with me rephrasing the Editor's Note I'd included with the newsletter item about the research report: "This study is NOT available through the resources of the OPI Report. It must be purchased from the vendor."

I guess there's a difference between British English and American English. I would have been happier if he'd e-mailed me his question. Still in all, it's nice to find that someone out there is actually reading what I send out.

We still have more furniture to purchase ... some of it will wait until we find a buyer for the current digs.

There are so many things to do, I don't what I don't want to do first!

No comments: