Sunday, July 29, 2007

Projects Update


Amerind - Window / Gallery-Library

The Amerind Foundation has asked me to prepare a screen saver product that they can sell in their gift shop based on the images I did for the "Treasures of the Amerind" book. As a second project (and another gift shop product offering) I'm doing a series of pictures of the architectural details of the Merrit Starkweather buildings that make up the Amerind facilities. The buildings were designed and constructed during a period from 1930 to 1958 and include the main house (William Shirly Fulton's family home in Dragoon, Arizona), the museum, and the library as well as a number of surrounding out buildings.

We also plan to offer high quality matted prints of a number of the images from the book and from the series of architectural details in the gift shop. I need to make some time to cut the mats and shrink wrap. Given our move, I doubt that I'll be doing much before September in that regard.

Interestingly enough, one of the images I used for Wikipedia attracted the attention of a company in California that manufacturers a veterinary joint lubricant for horses. Their advertising agency in Kentucky dropped me a note asking if they could use the photo in an advertising brochure. Of course, in order to use the image on Wikipedia, I released the copyright to public domain so there's no money in it for me ... just the bragging rights. they asked if i had "model releases" for the people in the picture. I don't THINK so! ... there are at least 38 people in the image as well as pieces and parts of any number of other people!

No comments: