Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back into the archives


Light and Shadow
Tucson Botanical Gardens

I've been going back through the archives and working on images that I'd planned to work on a while ago ... but never got 'round to. It's my way of putting off actually going out and looking for more images. It's hard to get motivated. In the meantime, springtime is rattlesnake season and I hate going out in the bush alone. As Candy points out, I probably wouldn't hear the rattle until it was too late. I hate to admit it but, she's probably right.

This was taken at the Tucson Botanical Gardens a couple months ago.. I was intrigued by the interplay of light and shadow; the geometric quality of the sunlight passing through the ramada, creating blocks of light and dark and the free-form, linear quality of the plant.

No comments: