Sunday, March 25, 2007

4th Ave. Street Fair

The 4th Ave. Street Fair is a Tucson tradition - a twice a year tradition. December and March.

This time I almost got a punch in the nose for my efforts. I was trying to frame a picture of some guys metal flowers adn he put his hand in front of my camera.

"NO PICTURES!"

"Why," I asked?

"BECAUSE I SAID SO."

The moron was afraid that I was trying to steal his idea. I say "moron" because it never occurred to him that if I really wanted to steal his idea, I'd simply BUY one of his flowers. Then I'd have his manufacturing techniques, his sheet metal pattern, his painting specifications ... the whole thing. Everything! Anyway, It would have been a good picture.

What if I'd been freelancing for a travel magazine? No interview for him. No publicity. No magazine clipping to display with his wares to show that the world has taken notice. Some people are short sighted. they trip over the possibility of dollar bills reaching to save a penny.

I hope he reads this ... but then, I don't really care. But I do hate confrontational horse's rear ends.

But there were other pictures.


Facade
Fourth Ave. Street Fair, Tucson, AZ

Blue = Cloudless Sky
Yellow = Plaster Facade
Purple = Awning



The Hippie Gypsy Head Shop
Fourth Avenue, Tucson, AZ


Calling Home
Fourth Avenue, Tucson, AZ


Head Obsession
Fourth Avenue, Tucson, AZ

No comments: