Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Self Portrait at 61 and Change


If I was a web-cam, this is what I'd see
(only this is sharper)



Its midnight.

I'm not satisfied with any of the images I've done in the studio. They're all contrived. They're without any reality. They don't even approach surreal ... which I think might be better than real.

I don't know what the cure is.

This portrait has more of what I'm looking for. It was shot off the cuff. I st the camera on the fax machine and watched the timer light on the front of the camera count off the ten seconds from the time you push the shutter release to the time the shutter actually opens and closes.

By the light of the computer. I took my glasses off because I wanted to avoid the reflections.

I am in my winter garb ... flannel shirt over a long sleeved t-shirt.


Maybe this is more like it?
(I don't know.)

No comments: